Labels

Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Podcasts

Some of the podcasts reminded me of people setting up a pirate radio station in their parents basement. I thought the quality was good on only some of the library sites. Most libraries' podcasts that I listened to weren't of very good quality. They had poor sound and some of the radio voices made you cringe. The ones that pulled it of did it really well. They had a format and really good broadcasting voices. I think it's a great idea to have podcasts. We could offer podcasts for tours of the library in different languages and even have the teen group have their own podcasts. I think the Adult services could really have a lot of use for podcasts also when they have their book talks and programs. I can see podcasts picking up in the future and being a great tool for libraries without putting a big burden on having extra staff to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment